Friday, July 01, 2011

hello, july




Hello, July. July is actually not so bad up here in Ohio. Normally I would be melting by this point, but even without air conditioner I have few complaints on the weather as of late. Lots of creative things are happening in my dining room today! It's exciting to screen print from home and to focus on whatever I'd like to make, rather than a project for a class. Today I've been working with a round design I drew up this week for trivets, coasters, and embroidery hoops. I hope to have some for sale in my Etsy shop within a few days. My screen mesh is too large for making fine-detailed prints on paper, so I've got to get one with a finer mesh before making more of those. It's perfect for fabric, however. Stay tuned for lots of good things! My summer goal is to make at least five new drawings a week, and many of those will become screen prints.

5 comments:

Natalie Freeman said...

these are so sweet! if you are ever interested in making a few sets of coasters, let me know! i'd love to sell them in my booth :)

Kristen said...

Oh, that would be wonderful! I will get in touch after I finish a few!

Mallory said...

I love those!

Jess said...

love this round design! so pretty!

Kristen said...

Thanks, Mallory & Jess!