Thursday, June 23, 2011

new etsy ventures


I'm working on a lot of new things for my Etsy shop. I am so excited about the new possibilities! Last weekend, I acquired most of the things I need to complete my dining room screen printing table. This weekend I'll actually be building the removable table top. I've got to make a padding for the bottom side, because my dining room table is actually my nicest piece of furniture!

Once finished, I'll be continuing the work I've been doing the past few months at school with screen printing (installation work), but in the process, or in between the process, I'll be making a lot of things to sell in the shop. They derive from my drawings and will include prints on paper, notecards, small and large pieces of fabric, zipper pouches, aprons, and tote bags. I'll be screen printing onto fabric and sewing the items listed, not just printing on readymade objects (I might print on some vintage objects, however). I'm excited for these new things and hopeful that they might be a success in the shop, which currently has only custom work for sale.

As a sneak peak, I have three prints up right now! But once I get my table set up, I'll be printing lots more designs, in and on various colors, nicer papers, etc., so in a week or so, you can expect a lot more.

No comments: