Thursday, April 29, 2010

peas and garlic





1. Pea sprouts in the garden Corey and I are growing!
2. Wild garlic found and identified in Corey's backyard--a LOT of it.
3. Heirloom garlic at my friend Brandon's garden, cultivated from his grandmother's garlic.
4. Brandon and Jessica's cat.
5. Brandon and Jessica's seedlings before transplanting. Many of these popped up in their compost bin so they potted them!

My local food photography project is going really well. I'm having such a good time with it. Gardening with Corey is also fun! Our plants are getting bigger. I can't wait until we are able to eat something we grew ourselves.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm with you! My beans, peas, garlic, and red onions are going CRAZY. Of course, I started my garlic and onions from sets instead of seeds. I didn't do anything indoors. But it is fun to look out there and see tall, green stuff!!!

Kristen said...

The things we started indoors are still really tiny, but they are heirloom seeds and I'm told they grow a lot more slowly at first but then do better than the hybrids once they are fully grown. We'll see! They are so small right now. It is definitely fun to watch it all grow!