Tuesday, February 09, 2010

snow and solitude

Yesterday I awoke to a blanket of unexpected snow. I think everyone was a little surprise. We don't usually get too much here, and we'd already been snowed in once this winter. I decided to spend the day indoors. I cleaned, cooked, painted, and watched my all-time favorite television show, Gilmore Girls. It was a nice pause.


A pizza from the night before. Tofu, bell pepper, canned pineapple, parsley, zucchini, and onion.



It snowed nearly all day long.

I spent a good deal of my time repainting this table. It used to be my coffee table when I was in the dorm, and it was painted orange. I repainted it mint green with acrylic paint, and will give it a clear coat of varnish as soon as I can make it to the store. It took a long time to get paint in all the small details.

An etching by my friend Alex, and my Oktomat 8-lens plastic camera.

For dinner, I made risotto. I bought risotto rice (arborio) a few weeks ago and finally tried my hand at it. It wasn't from a mix. I was proud of myself for how good it turned out! It was flavored with onion, garlic, Italian seasonings, and homemade vegetable broth. It was delicious.

I also made a salad and biscuits with vegan margarine. Here is the biscuit recipe I used. They were simple and tasty.



There is still snow out today and it's only 25 degrees, but the sun is melting it. I hope to be able to get out tomorrow. They are predicting more snow later in the week!

No comments: