Friday, July 24, 2009

cookies & plaid



Remember these cookies that I baked a few weeks ago? Happy Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies. I acquired the recipe from VegWeb but modified it, adding the "double" part.

Today I was in the mood for some regular chocolate chip cookies and used the same recipe. I also made a light chocolate glaze for the tops of the cookies...fancy, no? And I made them half the size because I thought they'd be cute as minis!

Happy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Cookies
2 c whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c vegan chocolate chips
1/2 c brown sugar
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 c water

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (I baked the mini ones for 9 minutes). Makes about two dozen regular-sized cookies or 40 mini cookies.

I made the glaze using just powdered sugar, water, and cocoa powder until it reached the right consistency.

That bowl is one of my latest thrift-store finds. It came as a set of two (the other is a bit larger). The plaid fabric is a remnant from my stash...I have a pillow out of it on my bed!

2 comments:

Sprouted Kitchen said...

yummmmm i want to eat these off the screen! they look so good! def on the list

Kristen said...

Thank you! Definitely make them...the recipe is a winner for sure!