Saturday, September 05, 2009

as of late...

Let's see...lately I have been...

1. Getting into my new class schedule. It's the final sprint...it seems impossibly short to accomplish all I need to. I keep telling myself I'll make it! I can't believe I will be a college graduate in three months...that's crazy!

2. Enjoying my new apartment a lot and cooking amazing things. I sometimes miss the cafeteria, where I dined multiple times daily for four years, but not as much as I thought I would. I knew I loved cooking and baking, but before now it was more of a hobby than a necessity. I feel like the habits I let myself keep now will likely follow me into my post-grad life, so I'm trying not to use excuses like "it's only for a few months" when it comes to cooking and housekeeping. What I've learned in my "adult life" so far is that there really won't ever be a time when you can't claim busyness as an excuse. So when I'm busy, I just try to throw together simple but balanced meals that are quick and use up what groceries I already have.

3. Starting my final photography series for undergraduate school...scary! I know it's not the end all, be all, pinnacle of my career as an artist, I just want it to be good. I'll post more on it when I have images to share...hopefully very soon.

4. Crafting and reading in my spare time (spare time--what's that?). I've been making jewelry and reading In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. I highly recommend both activities. This is my third Pollan and definitely my favorite. I think a career dealing with some type of food counterculture movement and combining my art in some way would suit all of my interests. Does such a job exists? If not, can I make one? These are the questions in my brain as of late.

5. And now I leave you with some pictures from my latest cooking and food photographing endeavors (I think I'm getting better at the food photographing part!)...Some of these veggies are from the local farmer's market.







No comments: