Monday, September 05, 2011

designing my Christmas cards...

Today I am working on designing my Christmas cards for this year! Don't think I'm crazy. I just know I'll be busy with school in November so I decided to do it now. Sending Christmas cards is one of my favorite things to do, and last year I completely let it get away from me with school as my excuse. Not this year!

Here is design option number one. The recipient's name would be written with dotted lines on the white part of the stocking, as if sewn on by that thread. I think they would be sent as postcards, so I'd need to design the back as well.

I digitally colored this scan of the original drawing, but I'm going to try watercoloring the original and scanning that in to see what it looks like as well.

I'm going to work on a few additional designs and choose one to have printed by the end of the week! So stay tuned and feel free to give your opinion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! I'm already in the Christmas spirit! ;)

Sarah said...

Are these going to be for sale in your etsy shop?

Kristen said...

Katie, thank you! I am getting there too...trying to soak up the last bit of summer but the high is in the mid-60s today and it feels so much like fall! That gets me into holiday thinking mode.

Sarah, yes! When I work out the final design and coloring I believe I will take pre-orders for a discounted rate, and then have them for sale in the shop with pictures of the actual cards once I receive them from my printer. I'll make a post about it sometime at the end of this week!