Friday, October 30, 2009

a slower start


Hello, world. This morning I am up with the rain, a cup of warm coffee at my fingertips and a slice of homemade bread waiting for me in the pantry. My first class is canceled, so I am getting a slower start to my morning. It is wonderful--I hate rushing. I am ready to live more slowly every day. I am hoping this happens after graduating. It is my mission! I don't mean that I want to be lazy, or let go of my dreams and goals. Of course, I won't do that. But I have been putting too many things into each day and I can't go on like this forever. I just want more time to enjoy my friends and family, to sit down and drink a cup of coffee, to go for a run, to take a weekend adventure and not have a lengthy to-do list in the back of my mind.

No comments: