Saturday, January 05, 2013

the best mail day


Yesterday was a good mail day!  I received all of the sewing supplies I've recently ordered on the same day...it felt a little like a second Christmas morning.  I got:

- 40 yards of underwear elastic in 4 different styles from Porcelynne's Lingerie & Sewing Supplies.  The selection available is amazing!  It was hard to narrow it down to four, but if I have great success then I'll get more.
- 1" bias tape maker by Clover.  I can't wait to make my own bias tape!  I'm tired of the poor selection of pre-made bias tapes.  If you sew, you know what I mean.
- Dritz 45 mm rotary cutter.  I have plans for quilting, and having a rotary cutter will also make cutting strips for bias tape much easier.  Imagine a pizza cutter for fabric...much easier for cutting straight lines than using scissors!
- Two vintage patterns from BN Vintage.  One is a blouse and the other is a skirt.  I'm really excited about the blouse pattern and it will be one of my next projects.

I've been working on my mustard yellow a-line skirt little by little the past three days and am almost finished. I've had a lot of freelance work which has kept me from finishing it, but I'll take more custom design work any day of the week, so no complaints here!

No comments: