Sunday, May 22, 2011

hello, sunshine

Summer is almost here. The sun is actually shining in Ohio (quite a feat, from what I've gathered over the past eight months), my winter coats have been pushed to the back of the closet, the farmers' markets have opened, the garden is planted, I've been riding my bike daily, and the end of spring quarter is less than three weeks away!

Over the course of the summer, I will be taking three classes, teaching one class, and making lots of art. I have so many ideas that I haven't had the time to execute yet. I'm also planning to spend a lot of time working on DIY projects around the house. I don't see these as being too separated from my art, actually.

This quarter, I'm in a screen printing class, and I've recently started screenprinting on fabric. It is awesome. I hope to do a few sewing projects with the fabric if I can make enough before the quarter ends. I have dreams of making a quilt from it, but we'll see. I'd also like to make my way through several cookbooks, including The Chicago Diner Cookbook, which Corey thoughtfully ordered for me after we visited the vegetarian diner on our Chicago trip in March. I haven't had much time to cook from it yet, but I did make the biscuits, which were delicious. The recipe is not posted on their website, but they have shared a few others if you're interested.




No comments: