Friday, January 09, 2009

falafel love.

Today was my last day of winter break at home. Classes start next Thursday, but I am returning to the college life tomorrow. I have been very productive the past few days. I spent most of today cooking: falafel, black bean burgers, and whole grain bread. Falafel was lunch, the burgers are for freezing, and the bread is for at least a week's worth of peanut butter toast (my favorite breakfast).

I live in a dorm (a very nice upperclassmen dorm, but a dorm just the same) and have no kitchen facilities. My suite consists of four small bedrooms, a living room, a bathroom, and a "kitchenette," which is really only a countertop, refrigerator, and microwave. I live with three suitemates. We typically just eat in the cafeteria, and only dream of being able to cook on a stove or in an oven. So when I visit home, using the kitchen is a treat.

Falafel in the skillet.

Delicious.

My mom found these fabulously healthy pitas.

There are few things as tasty as falafel.

Black bean burger ingredients.

Voila.

By August I am moving into a real apartment, will have a kitchen, and plan to throw lots of dinner parties. For now I suppose it's just the kitchenless "suite life" for me.

No comments: